Box For LCD Board – First Iteration

Made a box for the control board for my extra screen re-purposed from an old laptop. Despite having a detailed technical drawing of the main board, some adjustments will have to made, such as a larger hole for the power port and a place for the external buttons.

snapchat-1826106219

Running Rabbit – Finished

Finished the large rabbit decor by adding layered acrylic sheets to complete the logo. I had to break the acrylic in a few places because of some uneven shrinking on both materials part, but it’s barely viable. I can’t wait to see it on the wall!

20160108_115111

First Fabric Infused Project

One of the problems with modeling vaults, especially with 3D printing, is the many small pieces either don’t print right or get mistaken for other pieces. A new idea is to use fabric infused with the printing process to keep all the pieces intact and grouped together. This  may help the modeling a much smother experience and allow for demonstration by quick disassembly and reassembly.

Resin Jackrabbit

Few months back I sent a smaller printed Jackrabbit to a friend who made a silicone mold from the object. After acquiring some new resin, I tried a cast with the new resin. The mold picked up everything from the surface of the 3D printed object, hence the ridges and the bubbles are from a lack of tamping when casting.

The new resin I found has worked well, and can be found outside of craft stores. The Famowood Gloss Oil-Based Polyurethane, which is intended for finishing flooring and tables. However, it’s the same components and works with resin dyes meant for craft polyurethane.

014804501106lg

Happy Casting!

Life Counter for MTG – Iteration 2

DSCN7076

Working on the life counter again. I tried printing a smaller one with larger gaps but it still wouldn’t move. For the next go around, I reworked how the counter operated. The goal was to make the counter assemble-able instead of a one shot print. I split the base in two and made the discs sit on a star-shaped rod.

DSCN7078This worked wonderfully! the counter actually is functional now. However the base is a little flimsy, which will be fixed with a thicker bottom. Overall, this iteration turned out pretty good. I am hoping to make a variation of the counter for another card game that would need four place holders, which may pose a challenge.