Concrete test #3

The form came out in one piece this time!! The canola oil really helped. But the mold cracked when the form came out and when we tried to move it it broke 😦  So close!!

Also we broke another trowel, sorry prof.

Advertisements

PLA Braclet test #2

DSCN6623

Tried the molding technique again. This time with a bracelet the right length and a honeycomb structure. The final shape would be difficult to print as is, but printing it rolled out is much simpler. There was some warping during the printing, but i was able to mostly smooth the corners out. Also i used a jar about the right size to shape the object instead of my arm, making the bracelet much more round.